Even though every state has partially reopened to some extent, you may still feel uneasy about venturing out in public. This means, you have fewer opportunities to enjoy your favorite restaurants and their exciting offering of cuisine. So, you might this chance to try some of them out on your very own –yes, you! We know you can do it! Why not get started with an American chain restaurant classic, the buttery and delightful rolls from Texas Roadhouse? Check out this copycat recipe below:
• 1 ¼ cup milk
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 4 tablespoons melted butter, separated
• 1 large egg, at room temperature
• ¼ cup honey
• 4 cups all-purpose flour, or bread flour
• 2 ¼ teaspoon active dry yeast, or one packet
1. Bring the milk to a near boil. Remove it from heat when you see it begin to steam and small bubbles form on the side of the pan. Let it reduce to lukewarm, between 80-90 degrees.
2. Mix the milk, yeast, and honey in a small bowl until well combined. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of the butter, the milk mixture, the room temperature egg, and 2 cups of flour. Mix slowly until smooth. (Use a mixer with a dough hook if you have one, otherwise, it works by hand.) Gradually, add the remaining 2 cups of flour and mix until a dough has formed.
4. Add salt, and mix/knead for 8 minutes. Then, drop the dough onto a floured surface and knead for a few more minutes.
5. Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and drop the dough inside. Cover the bowl (plastic wrap or a damp cloth works) and let it rise for an hour in a warm place.
6. Punch down the dough and roll it out on a flat, floured surface until it’s about ½ inch thick. Fold it in half and gently seal.
7. Cut into 24 squares of even size and place on 2 lightly greased cookie sheets. Cover them and let them rise for 30-40 minutes until doubled in size.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the top is a light golden brown.
9. Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter and brush the top of the rolls. Serve warm!
Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Shadow Bend Apartments in Corpus Christi, Texas, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!